[Vision2020] The one argument I can make in favor of being 'pro-life'

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 27 22:25:21 PDT 2012

I loved the stats Dale posted on his site.  For instance, he had polling data that showed with some kooky accounting that 'The majority of Americans are pro-life'.  Shortly thereafter, he had a post titled 'Search and Destroy' which showed that 92% of Down's Syndrome pregnancies are aborted.  So let's say that both of these statistics are roughly accurate, but for crunching numbers more quickly let's say:
50% of American women are pro-life and the other 50% are pro-choice
90% of Down's Syndrome pregnancies are aborted (assume all these abortions are by self described 'pro-choice' women)10% of Down's Syndrome pregnancies are carried to term (assume all these births are by hard core pro-life women who are also NOT pro-choice for other women)

Clearly these numbers show that that by being 'pro-life', a woman SIGNIFICANTLY reduces her risk of having a Down's Syndrome pregnancy.  I welcome any / all comments to blow holes in my theory.

-Scott