[Vision2020] The GOP War on Women (for Roger)

Nicholas Gier ngier006 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 12:23:20 PDT 2012

Hi Roger,

OK, I will accept the fact that you, as local GOP leader, do not know that
Paul Ryan has sponsored about 30 bills limiting a woman's right to choose;
and one, co-sponsored with Todd Akin, has the phrase "forcible rape" as the
only "type" of rape that will be exempt from an abortion ban.

This bill has been acknowledged by all who now debate this essential issue.
(It's not a matter of you disagreeing with Andy.  That's obviously
irrelevant.)  So I ask you once again: Do you want to support a V-P
candidate who has the same position on abortion as Todd Akin (nearly
Republican wants him to bow out), and do you support a GOP national
platform that makes no exceptions for rape, incest, or threat to the life
of the woman at all? If Akin goes, then Ryan must go too.

There is no comparison to the Democratic platform that is expected to have
support for gay marriage, which is now polling at a little over 50 percent.
 That's the real irony in current politics: namely, that most of the
Democratic positions have wide-spread support but many GOP positions do
not.  I would guess that an absolute abortion ban would poll very, very low.

By choosing Ryan Romney has made abortion a legitimate issue in the
campaign.  It's not just about the economy but it about a fundamental right
for American women to control their own bodies and their own lives.

You simply can't call "bullshit" on this, and you, as a GOP leader, cannot
say that our posts are too long.

Nick