[Vision2020] God up to his old tricks again

deb debismith at moscow.com
Thu Aug 23 19:30:53 PDT 2012

This just about says it all....no need to beat the dead horse's ass, I guess. Though I'd like to watch somebody give him a good switching!!

And remand him to an educational facility for forty years....along with the rest of the gormless Neanderthals on the Religious Right of what used to be a political party. It has, sadly, become a party with most participants wearing lampshades and little else, singing "Auld Lang Syne" or "The Old Rugged Cross" at the top of thier wheezy lungs, trying to resurrect 1955 (which never actually existed as they imagine it).

When will these doofs figure out that the Cleaver family was only television, that poverty in the US is REAL, and that an African-AMERICAN is president, and that killing government programs puts more people on unemployment, in hospitals, in graves, and in prisons? My guess is never, because they have their fingers in their collective ears while saying "la-la-la", their collective noses in the public money trough, and their (wealthy and brilliant) handlers lying through their teeth to a portion of the populace too frightened to look closely at the sign saying "This way to the EGRESS". Those "owners" of the politicians have investments directly related to benefits harvested from the demise of government funded programs for the poor, children, mental health, women's health, and the elderly.

But who notices or cares?

Only those who refuse to drink the Koolaide poured for us by the scarey religious fundamentalists. And these fundamentalists are "worried" about "Sharia Law" being imposed in the US? Well, yes, because (see above) there is MONEY involved in frightening the gullible, the elderly, the bigots, the vulnerable, the middle class white male, etc. Because anyone can be frightened at the thought of being disenfranchised (especially those who have been priveleged by race or money).

 And, as always, the most affected when policy is effected will be children, women, old folks, and minorities.

Can you say "WTF"? I knew you could...Now, can you say it at the polls? Can you say it in public? Can you say it in groups?  No, I thought not...there is nohing that will energize the left anymore. we turned on, tuned out, and will let the religious right get away with it. Just as much as the Republicans pandered to the religious bigots, we sat it out, and that's how we go out with a whimper........damn us, because we conceded to idiots. without a real fight...........

OK off my soap box for a couple of days....

Debi R-S