[Vision2020] How Many More . . .

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Fri Aug 17 16:36:06 PDT 2012

On 8/17/2012 4:12 PM, Donovan Arnold wrote:
> I just think you need to hold each person in the chain of ownership
> accountable to the degree they were. I really don't believe that
> manufacturers are completely unaware who buys and how their products
> are distributed. All major manufacturers know the supply, demand, and
> logistics of their business or they would be out of business. However,
> they are not as responsible as the person that sells to known criminals.

I consider what you are suggesting as an extension above-and-beyond what
I was suggesting. I don't object to your ideas, though I suspect that
cases brought to prosecute such crimes would necessarily be larger and
more complicated. Notwithstanding that, I don't see any particular
reason, other than NRA opposition, etc., etc., why the federal RICO
laws, appropriately amended for specific application to cases such as
these, could not be particularly effective in providing the basis for
assigning responsibilities and liabilities such as you are suggesting
and implying.

Ken