[Vision2020] Frank Church (and others) (was: IB Program)

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Wed Aug 8 18:20:42 PDT 2012

Ken’s  response is so timely.  We are fortunate that not all Idaho politicians are/were self-serving bigots.  Frank Church’s ethical stance on the Panama Canal cost him his final Senate race.  He lost to Steve Symns and I cried all the way to school the next day.  Shirley Ringo has proven time and time again her ethics are unassailable. She is a true ombudsman and the many who turn to her for help are so very grateful for that assistance.    Ed Williams was a staunch defender of human and civil rights.  His untimely death was Idaho’s loss.  Gary Schroeder protected public education from so many bad bills, I’m sure we all lost count. Remember, his newly reminted party members took him out. Kids don’t count with them, regardless of the mantra banded about by Tom Luna.     Norma Dobler stood tall against those who would ride roughshod over human rights.  The Idaho Women’s Commission was her legacy.  Gone now, of course.    Tom Trail defended his constituents regardless of party and it cost him his job.  Ron Bietelspacher,  Cecil Andrus, Robert Smiley, Cy Chase, John Barker,  Doc Lucas...the list of honorable Idaho politicans goes on and on. In many ways we have been so very fortunate.  The list of really dishonorable politicians..well yes, we have those, too, led by Mr. Thievery himself,  Phil Hart.

Sue H.