[Vision2020] Things You Don't Wanna See . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Aug 8 05:13:54 PDT 2012

Courtesy of The Age (Melbourne, Australia) at:

http://www.theage.com.au/travel/travel-incidents/we-know-about-this--note-written-on-planes-damaged-wing-20120808-23tk8.html

-----------------------------------

'We know about this' - note written on plane's damaged wing
A passenger on an Alaska Airlines flight bound to Seattle looked out the window and saw what appeared to be a damaged area on the wing with a handwritten note saying, "We know about this."

The incident July 28 drew comments on Twitter and other social media websites, but the Seattle-based airline says there was nothing to worry about.

Spokeswoman Bobbie Egan said Tuesday that it was an approved trim repair to the corner flap on the right wing. A maintenance technician wrote to let the flight crew know.

Egan says, "The message was the result of someone's good intentions" but the wing note "was not appropriate and did not follow company procedures."

The message was immediately removed, and Alaska apologised for any alarm it may have caused.

An image posted on the web shows the handwritten note indicating the Alaska Airlines 'know about' the damaged wing.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"We're a town of about 23,000 with 10,000 college students.  The college students are not very active in local elections (thank goodness!)."

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)