[Vision2020] A Different Romney, a Different Time . . .

deb debismith at moscow.com
Sun Aug 5 16:37:42 PDT 2012

Thanks, Tom! Sometimes it is difficult to remember mindfullness, generosity,
and that small steps create enormous benefits. I spent some of my morning
collecting donations for the food banks, feeling sad that the need in our
community is still so huge and that so many obviously NOT NEEDY people
turned up their nose as they walked past... Some of the most generous told
me they had been in situations of need, and wanted to pass along a blessing.
Some of those looked like they could still use a helping hand (driving 25
year old cars, while the Hummer owner flipped me the bird).
Reading this reminded me that the need is always/has always been there, and
that a few hours of time is a drop in the bucket of the healing needed in
our world.
Food stamps, basic health provisions, assistance to the mentally ill and
disabled, funding for the public school system's free lunch programs, and
help for our elders are under attack by politicians supported by those whose
wealth and priveledge insulates them from reality, aided and abetted by
those who are easily frightened by "otherness".

How are we different than any third world country whose citizens are in
need? We are not. We as a nation have abrogated our moral and ethical
responsibility in favor of instant profits, graft disguised as "free
market", and the power of unearned/inherited  wealth to fuel political
campaigns based on fear mongering and lies.

Wavy Gravy .....how simple it is when you stop believing the BS imposed by
huge and greedy corporations/companies/banks/political parties.....just do
some good in the world.
Debi R-S