[Vision2020] Philosophical question

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 00:04:02 PDT 2012

I don't see a dichotomy. We have never had infallible certainty, and
now we acknowledge this in our claims. Likewise, with free will. For
example, Sam Harris doesn't claim that some have free will, and some
don't. He is claiming that none of us do, and never have. After all,
if there exists a single person who lacks control of his or her
actions, then, logically, how could anyone have it? In both cases, our
understanding has changed, not (merely, or even necessarily) the
terms.