[Vision2020] PR - Fill the Racks!

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Fri Apr 27 16:37:19 PDT 2012

City of Moscow
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208-883-7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
City of Moscow, University of Idaho and Safe Routes to School Celebrate National Bike Month with Fill the Racks!

April 27, 2012 (Moscow, Idaho) - The City of Moscow and the Safe Routes to School (SR2S) program are encouraging students to bike, roll, or glide to school on Wednesday, May 2, 2012 for Fill the Racks!

SR2S is encouraging all Moscow K-9 students to bike and/or walk to school on Wednesday, May 2nd. For students who don't have a bike, any mode of active travel will do: walk, bike, or park a distance away from school and walk the rest of the way.  SR2S also encourages carpooling and riding the bus in efforts to lessen emissions and increase safety around schools.

When it comes to safety, parents and guardians are the best judges of children's ability to bike to school. Find bike safety tips (such as under the age of 10 should ride on the sidewalk, and look both ways when crossing drive-ways) and the helmet salute (a fun way to remember how your helmet should fit) at the SR2S website at www.sr2smoscow.com<http://www.sr2smoscow.com> under the category of "Safety". Parents and guardians are always encouraged to bike with their children to teach them how to get to their destination safely.

Police and law enforcement will be present in our community as they are all other school days. Please drive slowly and look out for children.

If you have questions about this event and/or would like to volunteer, please contact Brooke Lowry, Safe Routes Coordinator by email at blowry at uidaho.edu<mailto:blowry at uidaho.edu>.

###

Story Contact: Brooke Lowry, Safe Routes to School Coordinator
Phone: 208-596-0879
Email: blowry at uidaho.edu<mailto:blowry at uidaho.edu>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources. We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.