[Vision2020] MHS on You Tube

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Apr 25 04:46:39 PDT 2012

My Ion USB turntable is at least four years old and I am quite satisfied with its performance.

The software I use, and have been using for several years, is Goldwave, which is freely downloadable at:

http://www.goldwave.com/

A lifetime license for the Goldwave audio software costs $49 and is available at:

http://www.goldwave.com/gwbuy.php

The "post-recording" time amounts to no more time than it takes to save the file to disk.

Gold wave is capable of recording in Wave (.wav), MPEG Audio (.mp3), Extended Audio (.xac), Apple (.aiff), Apple-C (.aifc), Amiga (.aiff), Sun (.au), Sound Blaster (.voc), Raw (.snd), MIDI Instrument Sample (.sds), Sample Vision (.smp), Dialogic (.vox), Matlab (.mat), Media Foundation (.m4a), FLAC File (.flac), Ogg (.ogg), and Windows Media Audio (.wma) formats.

I record at high resolution (48,000 Hz, 320 kbps, stereo) MP3.  This way I maintain the recording's high resolution and am able to play it from virtually all audio devices.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"If not us, who?
If not now, when?"

- Unknown