[Vision2020] If your religion is the one true religion, why didn't G-d introduce it to everyone?

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 14:23:26 PDT 2012

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1978533

    inadilemma<http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?s=f7d382bc71838ad51a0ca08f585c0435&u=887226>
Respected Member

 [image: inadilemma +4][image: inadilemma +4][image: inadilemma +4][image:
inadilemma +4]
       *If your religion is the one true religion, why didn't G-d introduce
it to everyone?*

*I originally posted this as a PM to someone but as of yet they haven't
replied so I thought I might post this for discussion purposes. I don't
want to offend anyone, or cause an argument, I would just like a
discussion. Obviously, that's not likely to happen, but it would be nice if
people could try and not insult each other. Thanks.*

I was raised in a Jewish household (albeit not the most religious
household) but recently I've started having serious doubts about religion
as a whole. Not quite sure how I feel about the existence of G-d, so I
guess that makes me agnostic? Anyway...

This has been bugging me for a while. Ok, so if you are Jewish, Christian
or Muslim, you'd agree that there's only one G-d. But you'd also agree that
it's the same G-d for Jews, Christians and Muslims because Christianity and
Islam are essentially evolutions of Judaism. Ignoring the fact that there
are various things that all three of those religions disagree on, let's go
back to the fundamentals: the Ten Commandments.

If G-d wanted everyone to obey him and worship him (and he does), why did
he only give the Ten Commandments to one small group of people, in an
isolated area in the world? Why, not to various different prophets all over
the world? Surely, it would have been better, and far more efficient to
reveal himself to everyone? And yet, there are so many religions that do
not even revolve around the Ten Commandments: Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism,
Taoism, Scientology, Jainism.

Now (some) Christians feel compelled to convert people in order to save
them from eternal damnation. Judaism is different because its laws only
apply to people who are 'born Jewish' i.e. born of a Jewish mother. While
Jews have 613 rules to follow, the rest of the world has only 7 to follow
in order to go to Heaven. However, I have my issues with the 'born Jewish'
idea as there is no biological reason for someone being 'born Jewish'.
There is nothing in our DNA that suggests a Jewish gene. But that's for
another time.

But, for Christianity, it's pretty much a standard thing: if you don't
believe in Christ, you 'aint going to Heaven. 'No one gets to the Father
except through me'. Would it not have been easier then, for G-d to manifest
himself in more that one human form, not just Jesus? Why only Jesus, in one
part of the world, to a relatively small group of people?

I know there are a lot of people who argue that G-d wouldn't let good
people of other religions go to Hell. But if you believe the Bible is the
word of G-d, then only Christians will go to Heaven. If G-d loves everyone
then surely he wants everyone to go to Heaven. Therefore, why didn't he let
the entire world know about him? Hardly fair if one area of the world
believes something because they saw it first hand and the rest of the world
is expected to believe it from other people that tell them it's true.

The same goes for Islam. Why not have prophets all over the world spreading
the same message? Why only Muhammad and why only in Arabia?

The same applies to Hinduism, Sikhism, etc. If any of these religions are
true, why did the respective gods of these religions only introduce it in
such a small area of the world and to a small amount of people?

Discuss.

Go to URL above for comments.
--
Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)