[Vision2020] Canyon County 'Child Molester' Sentenced

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 3 23:36:22 PDT 2012

"Judge Molly J. Huskey sentenced Lamb to a minimum of 15 years - and a
maximum of 25 - for lewd conduct with a minor child, with an additional five
years for conspiracy to escape from jail."

I'm beyond grateful to Judge Huskey for the appropriate sentence!
Personally, I think this slime deserves longer, but after seeing what passes
for "sentencing" of monsters like this not only here in Latah County but
elsewhere in this state and around the country, I'm so glad that some
prosecutors and judges clearly value protecting our children more than
accepting plea agreements that amount to not much more than slaps on the
wrists for those who cause incalculable harm to children.

Saundra

http://www.idahopress.com/news/canyon-county-child-molester-sentenced/articl
e_7a79b06a-7d4f-11e1-840d-0019bb2963f4.html

OR

http://tinyurl.com/7gta65y

<http://www.idahopress.com/news/canyon-county-child-molester-sentenced/artic
le_7a79b06a-7d4f-11e1-840d-0019bb2963f4.html?mode=image&photo=0>

Kenneth Lamb

Canyon County 'child molester' sentenced

CANYON COUNTY - Kenneth Lamb, a self-described "child molester" who
confessed to impregnating a 12-year-old child and then forcing her to have
an abortion, was sentenced Monday to up to 30 years in prison, prosecuting
attorney Bryan Taylor announced.

Information is sparse, as the court case is sealed by judicial order -
typical in cases involving a minor - but Canyon County jail officials say
Lamb, 28, was booked on Nov. 9, 2011.

Canyon County Sheriff's Office detective Kieran Donahue, the lead
investigator on the case, said Lamb's arrest was uneventful.

"When law enforcement got on scene, he was compliant, cooperative, and gave
disclosure as to what he had done when I interviewed him," Donahue said.
"There was no trouble taking him into custody whatsoever."

But, officials say, Lamb didn't stay compliant once in custody. He also
conspired with two other inmates to beat a deputy unconscious and escape
from Canyon County jail. Another inmate informed authorities before they
could carry out their plan. Lamb was charged and pleaded guilty to the
escape plot in January, court records show.

Judge Molly J. Huskey sentenced Lamb to a minimum of 15 years - and a
maximum of 25 - for lewd conduct with a minor child, with an additional five
years for conspiracy to escape from jail.

The defendant turned this child into a sex object, putting her through so
much both during and after the sex abuse," deputy prosecutor Erica Kallin
stated. "He has pedophilic interests and poses an extreme danger to
children."

Lamb has no other criminal history in Idaho, although Donahue said he has a
few minor infractions before his arrest last year. He agreed that the
punishment fits the offense.

"The judge took a hard look at it, and gave an appropriate sentence for the
crimes involved," he said. "I think our community is safer because of it. It
was something that had to be done, and he had to be held accountable."