[Vision2020] The Ku Klux Klan Seeks Members From the Palouse

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Mon Apr 2 20:48:53 PDT 2012

A Semitic Jew from the lowest social caste in Palestine who was  of dubious parentage, worked as an itinerant laborer, was homeless as an adult, mixed freely with and loved those he was religiously forbidden to and socially not supposed to, and who, while living under Roman occupation, nonetheless preached radical, active non-violence AND equated himself with Yahweh, declaring He was the long-awaited Messiah and the gateway to eternal life while eschewing the power of temporal politics -- yeah, it was an unlikely, although I believe prophesied, start for the One I worship.

But those who followed Christ then not only experienced real persecution -- as opposed to the profound oppression of, say, not being allowed to meet for Bible Club on school property -- but also exercised a measure of courage and discernment utterly lacking in those individuals and congregations among whom the Klan and others like them flourished.  Any man, movement, message or ministry that embraces or acknowledges Jesus Christ as its head has to demonstrate behavior that agrees with his Gospel and his teachings.  It's not equivocal, it's not difficult, it's not an ethical dilemma beyond the capacity of any layperson.  And it's not optional.

By that simple standard, no Christian man or woman or child above the age of, say, five, can walk with Christ and march with the Klan.  They can remain Baptist deacons, go to Bible study, lead a prayer group, evangelize the neighbors and bake cookies for the Ladies Auxiliary, but that has nothing to do with walking with Christ.  Any hate, and a doctrine that requires hate on the basis of any ontological characteristic or expressed idea, is antithetical to Christianity.

That it's so often found a toehold in Christiandom is tragic beyond words and obscene beyond comprehension.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com