[Vision2020] "We are the answer"

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sun Apr 1 09:48:05 PDT 2012

I remember what Nathan Alford, the publisher of the Daily News, asked me once as we were meeting to discuss my sense that when an NSA student successfully shaves in the morning, there's the likelihood that the DN will run a story about it.

"Is there ANYTHING that interests Keely Emerine-Mix (Nathan was fond of using my entire name, although I was pretty sure I was the only Keely in the room) other than Doug Wilson?"

(cue music to "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" -- bwa bwa bwa bwa bwa, bwa bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bwa)

My answer was that I was "interested in" my faith, social justice, my community, the utter dismantling of patriarchy, and the safety of my neighbors.  And my puppy.  So while I was willing to concede that my love for Perry was not threatened by Wilson, et al, the other "interests" were on his radar and would, therefore, continue to be on mine.  I assured Nathan that if I needed help in finding a hobby, I'd flip through my ladies' magazines and come up with one.  Until then, I'd be monitoring and speaking out against Wilson and any other threats to the things I hold dear.

So, Paul, I would resent the idea, should it ever be proposed, that I and the others whom Wilson has called Intoleristas are oddly obsessed solely because he fascinates us so.  Wrong.

On the other hand, if you were to ask me if I was singularly devoted to the Gospel and social justice, I'd cheerfully say yes and confess gladly to being a one-note Sally.  Frankly, I can't think of anything I'd rather devote myself to.

Scrapbooking just seems a little, ohhhh, I dunno -- deficient . . .

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com