[Vision2020] Nutrinos (2nd try)

Carl Westberg idahovandal1 at live.com
Tue Sep 27 09:05:39 PDT 2011

Wow.....and I still struggle to understand the infield fly rule.......

Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 16:59:31 -0700
From: godshatter at yahoo.com
To: rforce2003 at yahoo.com; vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Nutrinos (2nd try)

An interesting idea I read about while researching this:  if neutrinos turn out to be tachyonic, then they might have a small imaginary mass and would speed up in a gravity well instead of slowing down as baryonic matter would do.  Since this experiment sent neutrinos through the earth, it would explain why they apparently sped up, while neutrinos moving through vacuum from a distant supernova, for example, would not.  Of course, it might just be a measurement error.  However, we are talking about 60ns which would cause a distance error of about 18m or so.  Interesting times.
Paul