[Vision2020] Aaron Ament on . . .

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 13:59:58 PDT 2011

At 5:27 in this video, careful listening reveals Ament says "...large *stale
* retail establishment..." rather than "scale" as it should be.  I listened
to this segment over and over, via high resolution headphones, to be sure I
heard what I thought I heard, and perhaps this is an example of the
proverbial Freudian slip, that we all, I think, occasionally make...

Did I hear this incorrectly?

After all, those large scale retail establishments can be a bit stale,
sometimes...

Rather funny, actually!

For the most part, I thought Ament's presentation very thoughtful.

I wish he had quoted an actual named economic study regarding the
economic benefits of local businesses, "30 cents on the dollar spent,"
versus national retail chains, on local economies.
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett