[Vision2020] Hypocrisy (was RE: September 11th Memorial Events)

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Sun Sep 11 12:38:48 PDT 2011

In part, Paul wrote:

“I know Jim Wilson personally.  He's an extremely nice and respectful individual, and (despite not agreeing with him on matters of faith) is as sane as anyone on this list.  He's the kind of guy that would give you the shirt off his back if he thought you needed it more than he.  If he thinks a certain way about something, it's because that's his honest interpretation from reading his Bible.”

Huh – you must know a different Jim Wilson than do I because I personally don’t give a rip how “nice” or “respectful” someone may be if honesty & integrity are lacking, as is the case with Jim Wilson wanting a free tax ride & expecting government – which means you & me -- to pay for his ride.  My friends will remember how completely shocked & disappointed I was that Wilson had no difficulty being dishonest under oath.  Pathetic.

Personally, I don’t think it’s OK to be disingenuous – at best – just to stick the rest of us with CCM’s tax bill, and I don’t think God thinks it’s OK, either.  Lying, cheating, stealing – or being intentionally obtuse -- are OK as long as long as you’re ripping off those who don’t share a particular faith, eh?  Not in my faith, and not in my world, it isn’t.

Hypocrisy is hypocrisy is hypocrisy, and we know that it pains you, Paul, but it’s even more reprehensible when it comes from so-called “religious leaders” like Jim Wilson.

Saundra Lund

Moscow, ID

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.

~ Edmund Burke