[Vision2020] September 11th Memorial Events

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 10 18:58:28 PDT 2011

On 09/10/2011 04:15 PM, Art Deco wrote:
> I am sorry to hear about the loss of your father and your personal grief.

Thank you.

> However, since you choose during your period of mourning to
> participate in this thread, it seems a bit disingenuous to try to lay
> a guilt trip on those who disagree with by implying they do not
> respect nor understand your grief or your late father.

I wasn't trying to lay a guilt trip.  I was just trying to explain how I
feel.

> I agree about some of the afterbirth of 9/11:  The chilling loss of
> liberties and privacy, wars and the carnage, suffering, and long term
> effects of the material costs of these wars, the ridiculous charades
> at airports and bus stations just for a ride, etc.
> However, when you write:
> "It seem disrespectful both to my father's memory and to those dealing
> with the direct loss of loved ones.  Honoring them with a moment of
> silence is one thing, actually mourning for them should be left to
> those who knew them."
> This where we really part company.  There are many, many people who
> mourn for those they never met, from mourning the death of JKF to
> mourning children murdered by their parents.  Mourning can be a
> constructive process motivating many to try to find a way to build a
> better world so that events like presidential assignations and child
> murders are less likely to happen.

I did acknowledge that I thought it was irrational.  It is, however, how
I feel.  I didn't mean to imply it was the same for everyone.  It' just
how I see it.  People grieve in different ways.

> People are free to mourn the way they wish including the NuArt
> crackpots.  This organization is headed by crackpot Jim Wilson (now
> gaga), father of crackpot Cultmaster Douglas Wilson.  At least some of
> the NuArt bunch believes that 9/11 was their alleged god's way of
> punishing America (I won't go into how they can justify killing and
> maiming the innocent because some others are allegedly guilty of
> allegedly insulting their alleged, thin-skinned god).

So what's so crackpotty about the NuArt people?  They're having a
welcoming party for students like they have every year.  Good on them.
I know Jim Wilson personally.  He's an extremely nice and respectful
individual, and (despite not agreeing with him on matters of faith) is
as sane as anyone on this list.  He's the kind of guy that would give
you the shirt off his back if he thought you needed it more than he.  If
he thinks a certain way about something, it's because that's his honest
interpretation from reading his Bible.

> Again, they are free to hold their opinion and blast it from the
> streets and roof tops along with their allegedly "world class" music,
> but they nor anyone else should be surprised when some find this
> offensive given the date and the national/local media coverage of the
> effects of 9/11 this week.

I haven't asked them, but I doubt they are surprised at all that this
discussion came about.

> My personal opinion is that NuArt bunch alienate will many more than
> they will attract; I am surprised at some of the people who have
> commented on this, asking:  "What difference would it have made to
> them if they had scheduled it a week later?"
> I am sure that others who have read my opinions know that of all the
> actions executed by the Wilson gang, this is a relatively harmless
> one, and like the others, likely to be counterproductive in the long
> run -- part of the continuing eclipse of both the father's and the
> son's ministries.

Time will tell, I guess.

Paul