[Vision2020] Purists Gone Wild

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Fri Sep 2 10:06:18 PDT 2011

A better comparison to prohibition would be the war on drugs. I think it only makes sense to bring the debt down and try to balance the budget. There are problems with a constitutional amendment to do so as you pointed out. In times of national emergency it may be necessary to run a deficit. I would not sign Norquist's pledge even though I prefer spending cuts to increasing taxes. I do not understand the desire to repeal the 17th amendment. The closer government is to the people the better. Having congressmen appointed by the legislature only increases the chance for corruption and an unresponsive government. Do not misunderstand me. I am not in favor of a pure democracy. The representative republican form of government that we have is what we should keep.
Roger