[Vision2020] Seventy-five Years Ago

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Sep 1 18:21:57 PDT 2011

These very same words can be applied today.

-----------------------

"Let me warn you and let me warn the Nation against the smooth evasion
which says, 'Of course we believe all these things; we believe in social
security; we believe in work for the unemployed; we believe in saving
homes. Cross our hearts and hope to die, we believe in all these things;
but we do not like the way the present Administration is doing them. Just
turn them over to us. We will do all of them- we will do more of them we
will do them better; and, most important of all, the doing of them will
not cost anybody anything.'"

- President Franklin Roosevelt in his address at the Democratic State
Convention (Syracuse, New York - September 29, 1936)

http://www.TomandRodna.com/Speeches/FDR_092936_Clip.mp3

http://archives.lib.cua.edu/education/politics/1936-FDR-speech.cfm

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."