[Vision2020] Caturday (October 29, 2011)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Oct 29 07:14:51 PDT 2011

Courtesy of the London Informer at:

http://westminster.londoninformer.co.uk/2011/10/spooky-coincidence-for-pimlico.html

------------------------------
Spooky coincidence for Victoria cat

With Halloween just around the corner, Victoria's animal hospital has had its very own spooky coincidence as a black cat was reunited with owners in an extraordinary stroke of luck.

The cat, which had been nicknamed Spooky by staff at the Blue Cross Animal Hospital, Hugh Street, was admitted to the centre by a member of the public who had seen her get hit by a taxi driver.

She had suffered bleeding, a chipped tooth and a fractured pelvis following the accident in Queenstown Road, Battersea, on October 8.

It was feared that as the cat was collarless and not micro chipped she would not be reunited with her owner and that the animal hospital would have to re-home her.

However, living up to her nickname, Spooky's owner was found after her brother called into the hospital by chance just a few days later to see if they had found the fated feline.

Louise Newman, 28, veterinary nurse at the hospital, said: "It is so nice that we can get her back to her owner, particularly as we find black cats are often hard to re-home.

"People are often reluctant to take on a black cat as they see them as bad luck.

"She is such a lovely gorgeous cat and everybody here loves her."

Spooky, whose real name is Susie, has three white hairs on her chest which makes her distinctive and enabled her owners to identify her.

It was Edward Chamberlain, 30, a headhunter, and his wife, who found the cat and brought her by chance into the animal centre which the owners were registered with.

He said: "We had seen the cat had been hit by a taxi driver.

"He stopped but he had clients so we found the cat in a bush and put her in our car.

"To be honest her injuries looked so bad I thought she was a bit of a goner but Blue Cross was just around the corner so I dropped her off there.

"My wife, Amina, took a great liking to the cat so she called in on Monday to see how she was and on Wednesday we heard that they had found the owners.

"Now my wife wants a cat of her own.

"Perhaps this is a great story of karma - I have done my two biggest deals this week.

"We are over the moon that the cat has been reunited with her family."

Seeya round town, Moscow.