[Vision2020] Name Contest (UI Argonaut)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Oct 28 15:08:15 PDT 2011

Courtesy of today's (October 28, 2011) UI Argonaut at:

http://www.uiargonaut.com/stories/sections/opinion/stories/2011/october/28/off%20_the_cuff.html

------------------------------

Name contest
To find your cool robot name, take the first 16 digits of your credit card and combine with the start/expiry dates and security code. What’s yours? Email your name to smit3972 at vandals.uidaho.edu. Best name gets a $20 gift certificate.

— Jacob

 So . . .

"Jacob" wants you to email him your credit card number its security code, and its expiration date (all in the form of a series of letters) for the chance at a 20-dollar gift certificate?  Any guesses what "Jacob" gets out of it?

Hint: The type of credit card (i.e. Visa, Mastercharge) is identified in the first four digits of your credit card.

No thanks.  I'll stick with my own fool-proof method; my home phone number combined with my birth date.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Tom "Cribky Nothnagel" Hansen