[Vision2020] UI & Discrimination Against Stepchildren

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Tue Oct 25 10:28:13 PDT 2011

Saundra
Sorry to hear about your troubles, but it does not surprise me. My wife is 64 and has worked for the UI for 42 years. She is the oldest employee in terms of years worked. She has had her hours for pay reduced to 7 hours per day. She puts in about 12. With the help our daughter she was able to get grant to do a nitrate study on the Camas Prairie. She is out in the field working on it today.I have helped her some, but I can not go when a UI vehicle is used, as it is ilegal for a non UI employee to ride it in a UI vehicle.  She still has to keep up with all of her other work. This grant will only help pay her salary for a short time. Times are hard and I realize every one should feel a little of the pain. That pain should start with Administrators.
Roger