[Vision2020] UI & Discrimination Against Stepchildren

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Oct 25 10:12:29 PDT 2011

Jus' playin' devil's advocate.  Hey, call it a hobby!

Say that . . .

1)  Mr. Jones is employed.

2)  Mr. Jones is married to Mary.

3)  Mary has children from a previous marriage.

4)  Mary's children do not reside with their mother.  Perhaps these children reside with their biological father.

Should health insurance, provided by Mr. Jones' employer, be required to cover Mary's children (identified in #4)?

Suppose Mr. Jones were to "adopt" Mary's children (identified in #4), would they then be covered by the policy?

Two separate approaches with the same goal in mind.  Dave VanOver, my UI advisor back when I was UI student, calls it duo-equifinality, or as an ol' saying goes . . .

"There's more than one way to skin a cat."

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"Honest and true,
As the morning star.
Vote for just two,