[Vision2020] PR - MPD Volunteer Handicap Enforcement Program

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Thu Oct 20 09:30:06 PDT 2011

City of Moscow
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208-883-7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
Title: Moscow Police Volunteer Handicap Parking Enforcement Program

October 20, 2011 (Moscow, Idaho) - The Moscow Police Department is accepting applications for our Volunteer Handicap Parking Enforcement Program. Volunteers will promote community awareness and help educate community members on the unauthorized use of handicap parking stalls.  The Volunteer Handicap Parking Enforcement Program promotes cooperation between citizen volunteers and police in Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance issues.  Volunteer Handicap Parking Enforcement technicians will assist law enforcement in enforcing the Moscow City ordinance regarding handicap parking and will aid police, allowing them to handle other calls for service.

The minimum volunteer requirements are; be 21 years of age or more, pass an initial screening which includes an employment and reference check, as well as a thorough background investigation that involves a criminal history check, polygraph, and personal interview.  The applicant should possess a valid driver's license and vehicle insurance, or have access to transportation.   The applicant will need to complete a six hour training course and other required refresher classes after being selected.

An application for the Volunteer Handicap Parking Enforcement Program can be picked up at the front lobby of the Moscow Police Department from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.

For more information on the Volunteer Handicap Parking Enforcement Program, please contact Lieutenant James Fry at 208.883.7064.

###

Story Contact: Lt. James Fry
Phone: 208-883-7064
Email: jfry at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:jfry at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources. We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.