[Vision2020] Moscow Council Needs Diversity

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Oct 10 06:26:33 PDT 2011

Courtesy of the Letters section of today's (October 10, 2011) Moscow-Pullman Daily News with thanks to Nils Peterson.

Moscow council needs diversity
Moscow is a diverse community by Idaho standards, yet our City Council's repeated 5-1 votes demonstrate that the council is not diverse.
This year the council has rejected an amendment to the parking ordinance to provide bicycle parking after Transportation and Planning and Zoning commissions worked more than two years crafting it. And the council threw out a thoughtfully debated compromise set of changes on the Big Box ordinance that passed P&Z 9-0, in favor of writing their own developer-friendly language allowing any size store without public input.
We need more diversity of opinion on the council, which is why I'm voting for just two candidates: Aaron Ament and Tom Lamar.
Nils Peterson
Moscow

Seeya round town, Moscow.