[Vision2020] Moscow-Pullman Daily News: Megaload cyclist says he'll fight obstruction charge

Debbie Gray graylex at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 9 22:11:09 PDT 2011

Let's translate his story into another situation and see if it makes sense:

"I am really upset about the fact that there are dangerous big snarly dogs out in the world. I want to exercise my constitutional right to dance around in a circle and protest the presence of big snarly dogs in the world. To make my point even more righteous, I will dance WHILE poking the big snarly dog with a stick!

TIME PASSES....

Night after night I kept poking this big snarly dog with a stick (i really had no intent to get in trouble i was just exercising my right to have an opinion and a stick!!) and when i got no response from the big snarly dog i moved closer to the big snarly dog and poked it with a stick again and again. And then i made fun of The Man that was walking on the street advising me to not get too close to that big snarly dog. I called The Man all sorts of names, see how clever I am! And I told him to go do things to himself with the stick and the big snarly dog! And then, OMG, i almost got BIT by the big snarly dog!!!!! I know right!? So then i wanted to tell The Man that I had almost been bitten by the big rabid dog! But he kind of blew me off!! I am so sure! I mean, I pay The Man's salary!!! He should be protecting me from getting bitten by the big snarly dog! See how dangerous those big snarly dogs are! I think I need more and bigger sticks!! Anyway, so I
 poked the big snarly dog again! And then The Man I had just told to go do things to himself with the stick and the big snarly dog told me that i had poked the big snarly dog with a stick enough times and that i now need to cease and desist from such behavior and move on out of the way of the big snarly dog because apparently the big snarly dog wasn't breaking any laws and also had rights!! But then when i failed to do so and got arrested for failure to do so because i think my constitutional right to have an opinion and a big stick should trump having to follow any other rules or suffer any consequences of my choice to use my stick to interfere with someone else's constitutional or legal rights ... i don't understand the logic???? Help Help I'm being oppressed!!!"

Debbie Gray
(I'm all for non-violent protests of big snarly dogs or anything else that one morally/ethically opposes, but if you stomp on the big snarly dog's tail and poke him with a damn stick you had better be prepared to get bitten.)