[Vision2020] Hello from KUOI!

Anthony Saia anthony at kuoi.org
Thu Oct 6 13:14:31 PDT 2011

Good morning-
As I am new to this thread I'll introduce myself.
My name is Anthony Saia and I am the current station manager for KUOI.
Tom LaPointe suggested that I subscribe to this list to let community members know what KUOI currently has in the works.
First and foremost, we're broadcasting the football game this Saturday starting at2:00pm with pre-game at 1:30pm.
Following that, on Tuesday October 11, KUOI is participating in College Radio Day with 324 stationsaround the continent. It's college radio's way of banding together (pun intended) to stand up for ourselves, to show that we are the voice of a community and we provide a service to our campuses, towns and cities.
In that Tuesday's student newspaper The Argonaut, KUOI's semesterly programming guide In Cue will be available. We'll be featuring the writings of some of the station's volunteer DJ'sand staff but also the voices of a few musicians.
Also as part of College Radio Day (we've decided to celebrate all week), KUOI will be showingPJ20-A Pearl Jam Documentary in the SUB Ballroom on UI's campus. Showings will be onOctober 12th & 13th at two times: 6:30pm & 9pm.
Lastly, we'll have BB Gun incident performing on KUOI Friday evening, October 14th. The time willlikely be in the evening sometime between 7 & 8:30pm.
Thanks for your time and your ear!
Best regards,
Anthony
--