[Vision2020] Rick Perry's Newest Problem

Rosemary Huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Tue Oct 4 17:03:11 PDT 2011

Thank you Carl for posting the link. Maybe these images will jolt some of
the jackasses who pretend that they don't understand the issues (Hello Paul
and Jay) into at least an embryonic semblance of humanity.  And spare me the
bullshit that  lynching is different than a rock or a creek or a mountain
with a racist name. We all know that words have power that create
environments where racism, sexism, classism, and homophobia flourish.  Tacit
permission/acceptance of those words lead inevitably lead to bullying,
physical/emotional violence and, tragically in some cases, murder.

Rose Huskey

By the way, Jay, Rick Perry has good reason to claim that he had the rock
painted he wants to be nominated.  Of course, by making that claim he is
pointing out that it didn't offend his daddy.  Others seem to have a
different understanding of the issue.
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/rick-perry-familys-hunting-camp-stil
l-known-to-many-by-old-racially-charged-name/2011/10/01/gIQAOhY5DL_story_1.h
tml>   and, until proven otherwise, I'm going with their version.