[Vision2020] First Step Internet: Is It 1984?

ML394 ml394 at hushmail.com
Wed Nov 30 16:01:50 PST 2011

When did privacy become a casualty in our society's pursuit of
justice, free speech, better living and peace?

Why is this acceptable to you?  Why would you start pointing fingers
and throwing names out onto this forum?  It is more "gutless" for
First Step Internet to disregard the privacy of forum members than it
is for me to post here anonymously.

Tom, you cannot be for freedom and against privacy.  It has nothing to
do with "having nothing to hide."  It has to do with common decency.
Privacy is a good thing as long as someone is not trying to harm
someone else or break the law.

But my question is this:

Is First Step Internet breaking the law by promoting this forum on
search engines?  According to electronic data law, First Step Internet
bears legal responsibility if it "knowingly aids in slander."

Look it up yourself.
On Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Tom Hansen  wrote:There is
a not too old saying.  It goes something like . . .

"If you don't want the world to know it, don't post it on the
internet."

Please.  Go ahead and google "Tom Hansen Moscow Idaho" or "Tom Hansen
Vision2020" or anything else you are curious about.

Let your fingers do the stalking.  I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with
it.  I will openly discuss, right here on the Viz, ANYTHING you
uncover.

Or, you could do as most people here on the Viz have done before
registering with the Viz . . . GET A LIFE!

In spite of your lack of honesty and transparency, I'm guessin' that
you are either one of Dale Courtney's sandbox buddies or Dale Courtney
himself.  It's hard to tell.  It's like y'all are of one mind.  The
only question I have is . . .

Who's using it today?

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"If not us, who?
If not now, when?"

- Unknown

On Nov 30, 2011, at 3:37 PM, "ML394"  wrote:

> Janesta Carcich, right?  First Step Internet feels that the whole
world should know your private thoughts as expressed on the Vision
2020 forum.  Check out JANESTA CARCICH on Google.

> I ask the forum: Do you want your Vision 2020 posts seen by everyone
on the internet?  Ex-spouses, high school classmates, employers and
even stalkers can see what you've posted on this forum.  Identity
thieves could have a field day with this forum's posts.

> Check out TOM HANSEN IDAHO on Google.
>
> It's all right there, people, right there on Google.  Your political
views, your comments about other people, your personal information.
It wouldn't be that hard to impersonate some members of this forum
based on what First Step lets Google track.  Why are we letting the
First Step Internet corporation treat our personal thoughts and
information like everyone out there should see it?  It's like making a
permanent recording of everything that was ever said in the town
square.  That's no fun.  First Step Internet should respect the
privacy of what is said here on this forum, or it should assume that
it will have future legal problems.

> If someone were to reveal the social security numbers and home
addresses of forum members right here onto Vision 2020, would anyone
think that was a problem?  I do, and if you think that your posts
aren't tracked by Google, search your own name online with the word
MOSCOW and see what comes up.  It's careless to let anyone see what
you've written here at Vision 2020.

> Tell First Step Internet to stop the privacy invasion and make all
posts past, present and future private for members only to view.  Wake
up, it's 2011, and identity thieves can do a lot with just a little
information these days.  Protect free speech properly by making this
free speech forum private for all members.

> On Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Janesta  wrote:
> What a pity. I was under the impression this was a private forum, in
that
> my comments could not be found on the web.
>
> Janesta
>
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Tom Hansen  wrote:
>
> > And your name is . . . ?
> >
> > Seeya round town, Moscow.
> >
> > Tom Hansen
> > Moscow, Idaho
> >
> > "If not us, who?
> > If not now, when?"
> >
> > - Unknown
> >
> > On Nov 30, 2011, at 2:16 PM, "ML394"  wrote:
> >
> > What I heard about First Step Internet is this:
> >
> > Due to the way the forum posts are being tracked by Google these
days,
> > anyone can come on this forum and claim to be a person who they
are not.
> > Anyone can say anything about someone else (even slander them) and
those
> > posts will be tracked by Google and connected to the name of the
slandered
> > person.
> >
> > In fact, most of the email addresses used to post to this forum
could
> > never be tracked or traced to the name on the forum post. There is
no easy
> > way to prove that any of the forum members are who they claim to
be.

> > So, if someone were to claim on this forum to be BILL MOORE, who
loves to
> > steal money, commit crimes and wants others to share in his life
of
> > self-debasement, there would be no way to prove that BILL MOORE
did not
> > author the post. And yet the slander remains online. And we all
know that
> > Bill Moore of First Step Internet is hardly a degenerate. He is
one of the
> > most upstanding people in the area, a man who stands for freedom
of speech
> > and the freedom to slander people, too.
> >
> > First Step Internet assumes no liability for the posts on this
forum, but
> > according to the Electronic Frontier Foundation hosting a forum
which
> > enables members to slander people by name and not just by their
screen name
> > creates a legal liability for the hosting company. In this case,
First
> > Step Internet is legally responsible for actually promoting the
Vision 2020