[Vision2020] Carl, Keep Calling Rachel back

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 14:21:58 PST 2011

That is what I do when I get an "urgent call" from a solicitor. It is usually a recording, and this person doesn't exist, they just leave a number to a call station. So I just keep calling back insisting that I speak with the person who called me (who doesn't exist) about a "personal urgent matter". They eventually get pissed after about 10 to 30 calls (tolerance levels vary) asking to only speak to "Rachel" (who doesn't exist) about her "urgent and timely message" and agree to X your number off their list. Everything else I have tried doesn't work. This tactic seems rude and aggressive, but it is the nature of the beast you are dealing with. The more time spent on a wasted call with you means less time for them to make their quotas which is the only thing they care about.

Donovan Arnold