[Vision2020] It's Like Deja Vu All Over Again . . .

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Sat Nov 19 10:19:44 PST 2011

Maybe some of them did know better then.

However, my experience with many, but not all, political and public figures reflects the general truth of:

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." --Lord Acton

I have known some stunning turn-arounds from generally nice, public spirited people into arrogant, know-it-all assholes soon after they were elected or appointed.  Power and control seem to be addictive to many.  [This happens as much in the private sphere also.]

Eternal vigilance is necessary to hold political and public figures feet to the fire less they easily forget whom they are supposed to serve.

w.