[Vision2020] The 1% in Congress

Jay Borden jborden at datawedge.com
Sat Nov 12 11:55:38 PST 2011

Ah… traditional “enlightened response”.  Screw the topic, just start belittling in an attempt to move the topic beyond where relevant questions are a point of discussion anymore.

Paul (can I call you Paul?) posts some pretty straight forward stuff.  He’s searching for qualifications to a post… and some refinement of public perception.

Mr. Hansen, since you obviously feel you speak FOR the OWS movement, or feel that YOUR opinion is the “one true opinion” of the OWS movement, perhaps you can shed some light on the following questions:

1)       How much DO you actually have to make to be branded as a member of the 1%?  Is there a particular dollar amount that the movement goes by?  (And if a person makes $1 less than that amount, are they safe from public disdain and generally accepted?)

2)      Can you please tell me how the OWS movement (or thought process) goes about singling out those they want to attack or rally against?  Is there a vetted process, or is it sort of the “hey, that guy has stuff I don’t have, I don’t like him” sort of feeling?

3)      Can you please point out where Ron Force used the words “conceivable members of the 1%” in his post, as opposed to just him simply pointing out all people in congress that had a net worth above $9M.  Also please explain how this reasoning differs from that of the Red Scare or any other witch hunt of your choice.

4)      Is this part of the OCCUPY message? http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/11/07/socal-street-cart-vendors-hurting-after-occupy-group-splatters-blood-urine/

5)      Is this part of the OCCUPY message?  http://www.opposingviews.com/i/money/recession/occupy-wall-street-destroying-business-main-street

6)      Is this part of the OCCUPY message?  http://www.orangejuiceblog.com/2011/11/murder-rape-assault-and-a-tb-outbreak-highlight-occupy-events/comment-page-1/

My support of OWS is pretty narrow… protest against the folks that are taking unfair advantage.  Protest the corruption.   Leave the rest of the folks that have achieved the American Dream within the confines of the framework they were handed alone, and don’t protest just to PROTEST.  These are the types of things that are leaving me wondering what the actual message of OCCUPY is, and who the targets actually are.

“Jay” to some.  “Mr. Borden” to others.