[Vision2020] Bookpeople: Big News!

Carl Westberg idahovandal1 at live.com
Fri Nov 11 16:35:01 PST 2011

Great news, Bob.  I'll miss stopping by and visiting you, but that the store will continue as a Moscow fixture is good to hear.

From: london at moscow.com
To: vision2020 at moscow.com
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 12:00:31 -0800
Subject: [Vision2020] Bookpeople: Big News!

Robert Greene, after 31 years of ownership, is proud to
announce the sale of BookPeople of Moscow to Carol Spurling, whose millennial
baby son was born November 11th at 11:30 PM and will be turning
eleven years old today, and Steffen Werner. Robert Greene will maintain
effective management of BookPeople until December 28th, 2011, eleven
years to the date that BookPeople moved across the street to our present
location at 521 South Main Street. In the meantime, you should all come in and
buy a lot of books to take advantage of the great sales we have going on – you
can do your holiday shopping early and celebrate with great glee and abandon.

Betsy Dickow will continue to work at BookPeople with
the new owners and manager, and she will continue to do book appraisals as well.
Betsy is looking forward to many more years of BookPeople but she will only be
working at the store part-time. Bob thanks her for her sixteen years of support
and hard work!

We’re going to let Carol Spurling, who will be the new
manager of BookPeople, speak for herself now, but first we’d like let the
friends and customers who have supported us these many years know how much
they’ve meant to us. Thank you for all your help!

Carol says, "Being an owner - or at least part-owner -
of a great independent bookstore has been my dream since I was very
young."
"Bookpeople is a beloved institution in Moscow and the
Northwest and we're honored to be entrusted with its care into the future. Kudos
to Bob, who has kept it going for so many years while many small independent
bookstores have struggled to survive. We want to preserve everything that makes
Bookpeople great and establish a good relationship with its loyal customers, and
of course look forward to putting our own stamp on the store and bringing in
lots of new customers as well."
"I just love to read and I look forward to sharing that
love with our customers, and helping to expand our strong community of readers
here on the Palouse."

We’ll be leaving the store management position in
good hands - Carol Spurling has been a bookseller at Old Harbor Books in Sitka,
Alaska, and formerly managed Brused Books in Pullman for three years. She is
also a published freelance writer. Carol has a B.A. in English from Central
College, an M.A. in Literature from the University of Montana, and a B.A. in
French from the University of Idaho. She is currently the outreach and ownership
coordinator at the Moscow Food Co-op. She can be contacted at
208-669-0763.

Working at BookPeople is only as much fun as the
customers who come in on a daily basis to visit, and we’d like to tell everyone
again how much their business, support, and friendship has meant to us in the
last 31 years! We’re sending this announcement out on the auspicious day of
11/11/11, at 11:11 AM, to welcome you all to the start of great new beginnings
for all parties! Thank you! Come and see us early and often!

Sincerely,

Bob Greene

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com