[Vision2020] Let's talk about OccupyWherever

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Nov 6 10:16:19 PST 2011

Paul Rumelhart stated:

"However, there is a lot about this movement that I don't like, either.  They are too unorganized.  They are showing a fine demonstration of frustration, but they are not making use of their current status to try to force any kind of change."

The main reason (if not the ONLY reason), Mr. Rumelhart, that the "Occupy" movement is unorganized is because it is a true grassroots movement, much MUCH more grassroots than the Tea Party "origin".

Paul Rumelhart goes on to suggest . . .

"I would like them to change their targets a little bit.  Currently, they are targeting the 1% blindly, solely on the fact that they are doing better than everyone else."

Huh?  That certainly is not my understanding.  It is my impression that the 99-percenters are asking the question . . .

Why should tax cuts/breaks be given to unimaginably filthy rich Corporate America (especially those that were bailed out at the end of the Bush administration) at the cost of programs that benefit middle-income and low-income Americans?

Perhaps this will help explain . . .

Idaho Public Television's "Dialogue" episode on "Occupy Idaho"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6VGkRkJOYw

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"Honest and true,
As the morning star.