[Vision2020] Nov. 6, 2011: Tar Sands Action to Encircle the White House

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 01:27:52 PDT 2011

http://www.tarsandsaction.org/
http://www.tarsandsaction.org/ready-key-nov-6th-tar-sands-action/

November 6th: Tar Sands Action Returns to DC

One year from the next election, we will return to DC to try to
encircle the White House to ask President Obama to reject the Keystone
XL tar sands pipeline. The action begins at 2 pm in Lafayette Park.

Momentum is building for the Tar Sands Action on Nov. 6th to encircle
the White House. Over 5000 people have signed up – now we need to make
sure everyone across the country knows about what’s going down.

Ready? Key things to know about Nov. 6th Tar Sands Action

News — admin November 1, 2011 at 4:16 pm

This Sunday November 6th, thousands of people will be gathering in
Washington DC to do something remarkable: We will join hands to
surround the White House to ask President Obama to reject the Keystone
XL tar sands pipeline. We’re doing this so that he knows he has the
support needed to reject the pipeline – and that there will be real
consequences if he doesn’t.

Here are the key details about the action:

We will meet at the center fountain of Lafayette Square Park. The
rally begins at 2 PM, with a little bit of live music starting at
1:30.

The rally will be MC’d by Bill McKibben, featuring speakers from
across the movement to stop the pipeline. After the rally, we’ll
receive direction on how to get in to position around the White House.
We have a team of over 100 monitors and marshals ready to make sure
everything goes smoothly.

After we surround the White House, we’ll head back to the park, and
hopefully wrap up just as the sun sets at 5:30.

Key things you need to know:

Clocks fall back Nov. 6th, losing one hour to return to standard time.
Please reset your clocks so that you make it to the action on time.

There are no unattended items or structures of any kind allowed in the
park. Please bring only what you can carry. The Parks Police and
Secret Service have warned us that unattended items are grounds for
the park to be evacuated and the item blown up by a bomb team.

This also means no tripods for cameras, or chairs are allowed. If you
need to sit, please get there early and find space on a bench.
Wheelchairs are the only exception to this rule.

Portable bathrooms for the event will be located on Vermont Avenue, at
the Northeast corner of the park.

Buses are only allowed to drop off people along H St. in the Metro bus
drop off areas, but cannot idle or park in this area.