[Vision2020] Moscow's Muscular Megalod Embrace

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat May 28 12:18:50 PDT 2011

Paul, Paul, Paul -

I drive a gas-guzzling Ford Ranger 4x4, hardly a vehicle that
screams"ANTI-BIG OIL!"

Yet I am against the megaloads being transported on ANY public Idaho
roadway for reasons far too numerous to detail here.

I don't know whether to . . .

Start with our governor's repeated lack of concern for the people of Idaho
on things that affect them as he pushes the corporate agenda.  Rumor has
it that Otter is pushing to adopt "Whatever Lola Wants, Lola Gets" as the
new state song.

Or the ITD's feigned concern for public input on this issue as they tossed
the people of Moscow the proverbial bone on May 11th.  Local people
commented and argued against the megaloads for FOUR SOLID HOURS on May
11th.

Or the lack of planning by ExxonMobil in organizing the transports of
these megaloads, as Weippe and Pierce can attest to.  Has ExxonMobil even
as much as put some boots on the ground to scout the route of these loads
. . . NO!  The technical discussion held in council chambers the morning
of May 12th is as close as they will get.
Piss poor prior planning!

And so on and so on and so on and . . .

Then there's the matter of our own city council.  Jeesh!  What a joke!

We have a city supervisor, whose lack of fundamental math skills, accepted
3 aye votes to be a majority of the six members present in enacting the
cell-phone stipend for municipal officials.

We have Councilman Steed whose constituents apparently amount to no more
than our city staff, when deciding which direction council loyalties
should sway in regard to the megaloads.  Every time I hear "Walter Steed",
the first thing that crosses my mind is "water rights".  What an effing
joke.

Later, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Author Unknown