[Vision2020] MPD Press Release

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Thu May 26 22:40:54 PDT 2011

I got a new fridge yesterday and underneath the old one I found an
old election poster for the late Helen Chenoweth, the great
libertarian and contrarian Member of Congress from Idaho's 1st District.

Remember how she died? She was in Nevada visiting her daughter and
new grandchild. Her daughter was driving a pickup truck with Helen in
the passenger seat holding the baby of just a few months in her arms.
Of course, Helen was not wearing a safety belt -- we don't do things
like that in Idaho. Well, the truck hit a bump and Helen and the
infant were thrown out on the ground. Helen was killed on the spot
but the baby was not hurt at all.

There were many letters to editors thanking God for the "miracle" of
saving the child but not a single letter wondering why God had not
inspired granny to wear her safety belt.

Ralph Nielsen

And pregnant women who don't wear a seatbelt will be subject to death if
their fetus doesn't survive a wreck, unless they are over 65, then
the fine
will be $10.00 and a competency evaluation.

Sue H.