[Vision2020] Religion and Sex Quiz (abortion question)

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Thu May 26 13:38:00 PDT 2011

On Thursday 26 May 2011 10:44:43 Donovan Arnold wrote:
> I believe life begins before the moment of conception. That means if you
> think about having heterosexual sex you must complete the act of
> procreation, otherwise you deny the right of an unborn baby from being
> conceived and born. Which, logically, precludes you have murdered an
> innocent baby.

Setting aside my concern about your diction in choosing precludes, are you
suggesting that every time a man looks at a woman with lust in his heart that
a child is conceived? Does this work the other way around, so that every time
a woman gazes at her hunk of the moment another conception occurs? And that
failure to bring these conceptions to fruitful term amounts to abortion?

If you affirmatively answer the first two questions, would you approximate the
national and world populations as they would be had these conceptions been
brought to term? Estimated current population and cumulative planetary
population numbers over the duration of the time that males and females have
been considering each other would both be interesting to review.

If abortion in this context is considered religiously to be sinful, it appears
that substantial amounts of sin have heretofore been overlooked, which may be
a boon to ecumenical markets everywhere. The opportunities for arguing in
favor of original sin appear to be enhanced, and guilt awareness campaigns and
their associated salvific collection efforts could follow apace.

One wonders about the results of reconsideration of the same-sex preference
sector of the presumed universal sinner market. Are same-sex gazers at one
another less sinful because of the impossibilities of conception and fruitful
issue, and therefore of the lack of abortions implied, or are they just as
guilty because same-sex gazing is in and of itself sinful? Do gays get a
relative sin quantity break because straights are both violating marriage vows
and aborting, whereas gays are more likely not married and conception-free?

If, with these considerations, gays are generally less sinful, does this imply
that there are relatively more gays in heaven? Does it imply that relatively
more gays are promoted to sainthood than are straights? At that level of
existence, does sexuality make any difference? Just how diverse is heaven?
Under-entertained minds want to know.

Ken