[Vision2020] MPD Press Release

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Thu May 26 08:47:27 PDT 2011

PRESS RELEASE
Seatbelt enforcement
May 25, 2011

In an effort to decrease the rate of traffic injuries and focus on the goal of zero deaths; the Moscow Police Department will be participating in a statewide seatbelt enforcement mobilization. Through education and increased law enforcement presence, the Moscow Police Department hopes to increase the rate of seatbelt use within our jurisdiction. The enhanced enforcement will be conducted between May 26th and June 7th.

In the state of Idaho: (I.C. 49-672, 49-673)

Seatbelt laws have differing penalties for vehicle operators and passengers, depending upon the age of the occupants.

Vehicle operators are required to have every passenger, under the age of six (6), secured in a child safety restraint. There can be a $79.00 fine for violating Idaho's child car-seat code.

The adult driver of a motor vehicle is required to wear a safety restraint and they are responsible for their juvenile passengers. There can be a $10 fine for adult drivers not restrained, or adult drivers with unrestrained juveniles.

Juvenile drivers are responsible for their own safety restraint and the restraints of their juvenile passengers. There can be a $61.50 fine for an unrestrained juvenile driver, or a juvenile driver with an unrestrained juvenile passenger.

Adult passengers are responsible for their own safety restraint and may face a $10.00 fine, for not wearing a safety restraint.

Please do your part and buckle up this Memorial Day Holiday.
[cid:image001.png at 01CC1B81.3DCA9700]
Story Contact: Lt. Kwiatkowski
Phone: 883-7054
Email: pkwiatkowski at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:pkwiatkowski at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources. We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.