[Vision2020] megaloads

bill bonte bbonte at palouse.net
Sun May 22 16:01:40 PDT 2011

Hello Visionaries,

I have been sitting here for the past several months, trying to understand the megaloads question.
I understand that the governor and the political establishment in Boise are all for the shipment of megaloads and more through Idaho by any route. I understand that the Port of Lewiston will make money on the deal.

Beyond that, I don't understand who benefits from this deal.  It seems like an overwhelming negative, fraught with problems for just about everyone and everywhere they pass.  Who is making money on this deal?  That's what I want to know.  Why isn't there universal outrage?

By the way, there is an oil boom in North Dakota.  Evidently proven reserves rival Iraq.  Why, then bother with tar sands?  Link to oil boom : http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703795004575087623756596514.html

Bill Bonte
Moscow, ID