[Vision2020] Mattel is not stupid

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Sat May 21 11:39:29 PDT 2011

A News of the Weird Classic (September 2002):

Reports in the New York Post and the Toronto Star, quoting parents' website "reviews" of the Mattel $19.99 Nimbus 2000 plastic-replica riding broomstick from the (then-)latest Harry Potter movie, highlighted its battery-powered special effect-vibration.

Wrote a Texas mother:

"I was surprised at how long (my daughter and her friends) can just sit in her room and play with this magic broomstick."

Another said her daughter fights her son for it but complains that "the batteries drain too fast." Still another mother, age 32, said she enjoyed it as much as her daughter.

Wayne A. Fox
1009 Karen Lane
PO Box 9421
Moscow, ID  83843