[Vision2020] Wealthy German Taxpayer Defends High Taxes

nickgier at roadrunner.com nickgier at roadrunner.com
Thu May 19 12:26:32 PDT 2011

The other night CNBC interviewed a multi-millionaire from Germany who pays a 60% tax rate and they asked him, "Don't you get sick of paying such high taxes?"

He looked at them square in the eye and said, "I would rather be a wealthy man in a rich country where everyone does well, than a wealthy man in a country where only the wealthy do well and the poor aren't taken care of.

No I do not get sick of paying high taxes."

I would like to pay more taxes for education and infrastructure; otherwise, we are going down the tubes.

NG