[Vision2020] Fwd: Breaking news from lmtribune.com

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat May 14 13:23:33 PDT 2011

Donovan Arnold stated:

"Nobody is morally or ethically responsible to prevent a bad event if
their action knowingly would result in something worse."

In my opinion moral and ethical responsibility is determined individually.

If I were fishing from a dock on Lake Coeur d'Alene and observed a child
slowly drowning . . . although I may not be legally responsible . . . I
would consider myself to be ethically and morally responsible to take
action to prevent the child from drowning.

Footnote:  If I were fishing on a lake in Germany and observed a child
drowning, I WOULD BE legally responsible to take action to prevent the
child from drowning.  I could be arrested and jailed in Germany, but not
in the United States.  If you were to drive by an unattended accident and
didn't stop to offer help, you would be held criminally liable.

Just some laws I think the US should consider.

"The Pessimist complains about the wind, the Optimist expects it to
changeand the Realist adjusts his sails."

 - Unknown