[Vision2020] Questions About Semi-Megaloads in Moscow

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri May 13 08:17:00 PDT 2011

Let me get one thing straight to Mr. Rumelhart and to the rest of you
lacking any sense of comprehension.

My reference to Nazis was NOT aimed at Wayne Krauss.

My comment, word for word, . . .

"Excusing Krauss because the megaloads weren't anywhere near US95 or
Moscow yet is like justifying the Nazis as long as they knock on somebody
else's door."

The comparison I clearly drew was between "megaloads weren't anywhere near
US95 or Moscow" and Nazis knocking "on somebody else's door."

If you really do feel like dragging this dead horse around with you, how
about taking to your buddies at teh sandbox, ok?

'Nuff said.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have four hours of Moscow Megaload Meeting
videos to edit and post.

On Fri, May 13, 2011 7:34 am, Paul Rumelhart wrote:

> Believe me, I'm no fan of Newt Gingrich.  All I need to know about him
> is that he pressed his first wife for divorce while she was in the
> hospital recovering from cancer-related surgery, not to mention
> committing adultery while criticizing Clinton for doing the same thing
> during the Monica Lewinski scandal.
>
> Anyway, the idea is that the first person in an argument who compares
> the other side to the Nazis loses the debate.
>
> Paul
>
> On 05/13/2011 12:00 AM, Saundra Lund wrote:
>> Huh -- I wasn't familiar with that term.
>>
>> Since you cited the Wikipedia article ("has been invoked for the
>> inappropriate use of Nazi analogies in articles or speeches"), then do
>> you agree that hyperbolic "Godwin's law" (which you obviously accept
>> since you called it) is far more appropriately applied to Nasty Newt
>> Gingrich than to Tom Hansen&  to Ted Moffett (in his "Saint Augustine:
>> "Hypocrisy is the tribute that vice pays to virtue" response)?
>>
>> Just wonderin'. . .
>>

>> Saundra Lund
>> Moscow, ID
>>
>> The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to
>> do nothing.
>> ~ Edmund Burke
>>
>> ***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2011 through life
>> plus 70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or
>> reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum without the express written
>> permission of the author.*****

"The Pessimist complains about the wind, the Optimist expects it to
changeand the Realist adjusts his sails."

 - Unknown