[Vision2020] Tribute to a Queen and Her Home, Not Just Any Old House

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue May 10 19:47:38 PDT 2011

On Wednesday morning Lois Blackburn, nicknamed "Queen of the Hippies" by a
local newspaper, will depart Moscow to live with her children in
Albuquerque.  Although she promises to venture up to Vandalville every so
often, she will be missed.

Until that time, when we can break bread with her once again, on behalf of
the Intoleristas . . .

"Happy Trails"

http://www.TomandRodna.com/Songs/Happy_Trails.mp3

"Happy trails to you, until we meet again.

Happy trails to you, keep smilin' until then.

Who cares about the clouds when we're together?

Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.

Happy trails to you, 'till we meet again.

Some trails are happy ones,

Others are blue.

It's the way you ride the trail that counts,

Here's a happy one for you.

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.

Happy trails to you, keep smilin' until then.

Who cares about the clouds when we're together?

Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.

Happy trails to you, 'till we meet again."

On Saturday, at our every-once-in-a-while Intolerista get-together, Lois was
kind enough to share the history of her home here in Moscow.

Not_Any_Old_House.jpg

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"Corporations are an oppressed minority forced to move headquarters from
state to state in search of friendlier tax codes--sometimes being forced to
live just off our shores in tiny mailboxes."

- John Oliver, The Daily Show