[Vision2020] Oh, My EYES :-( Plumber's Butt, the UI, and AlliedBarton

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 31 21:50:52 PDT 2011

Perhaps someone at the UI should PLEASE let whoever is hiring those fine
hard-working AlliedBarton security professionals (!) know that Moscow
actually has an ordinance prohibiting plumber's butt.  Ordinance 2002-13.

In all fairness, I didn't actually see the dude's "cleft of the buttocks" on
the weekend, for which I'll be eternally grateful.  But, it was horrifyingly
close & *very* unprofessional.  And it ***definitely*** wasn't a positive
reflection on the UI.

OTOH, I've seen MPD officers on campus many times over the years, and they
always looked professional & behaved professionally as well, which
apparently isn't always the case with the AB employees.

I've heard through the grapevine that the brilliant <sarcasm> decision to
hire AB to save money is actually costing more than anticipated.  I can't
say as I'm surprised because that often seems to be the case at the UI:
things that are supposed to save money wind up costing more, especially when
it comes to contracts with the private sector.  In the past, I found it very
easy to deal with the UI with respect to public records requests, but that's
unfortunately not been the case since Kent Nelson was hired as General
Counsel.  Other than finding creative ways to thwart public records
requests, I'm not exactly sure what it is he does since the UI contracts out
so much of its legal work, but making access to public records difficult if
not impossible certainly has the bonus of making sure we-the-taxpayers
remain ignorant about whether all these cost-savings measures are actually
saving money or losing it.

So much for the UI's pledge for transparency & accountability following the
deplorable history of serious financial mismanagement.  Seriously, though,
Pollyanna me thought that "pledge" was going to last longer than a New York
minute.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2011 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****