[Vision2020] No government support for NPR et al?

Robert Dickow dickow at turbonet.com
Sat Mar 19 02:18:10 PDT 2011

I hear that the conservative congressmen have proposed withdrawing
government funding for NPR. Apparently a newscaster or fund drive person or
somebody made some disparaging remarks about the Tea Party. Fie! Fie! Now,
denying public broadcasting all those scarce taxpayer dollars sounds like a
reasonable and just response to such offenses if you're a conservative
Republican sympathetic with the Tea Party movement, right? Uh huh.sure. How
dumb can anybody be?! NPR won't suddenly go belly up and go off the air,
slinking off into the shadows with its tail between its legs. Private
donors-- those dwindling middle class stalwarts-- will valiantly step up to
the plate in ever greater numbers. So what will actually happen, then, is
that NPR will be unfettered and free to unleash all their rabid commie pinko
liberal gun-hating womens libber staffers to say all the rabid commie pinko
tea-barfing they've always wanted to say but didn't because they felt
compelled to be balanced in their commie pinko tree-hugging opinions and
bleeding-heart liberal union thug biased news reporting. Clearly, this
government measure will not serve the common good. And I may be forced to
mix even more metaphors in the future.

Bob Dickow, troublemaker