[Vision2020] Another anti-labor bill

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 13:25:37 PST 2011

>From the NEA:

Thursday, February 17, 2011
Yet another hit on public employees
Friday, February 18, 2011
A bill will be introduced Friday in the Senate State Affairs Committee  that
would “prohibit public sector collective bargaining, to provide for  public
employee rights, and to prohibit public employee strikes.”
With the bill’s introduction, Idaho teachers are no longer the only  scapegoats
in our Statehouse. If such legislation passes, firefighters,  police officers,
and educators will all lose the ability to negotiate  for fair treatment. Less
than a decade after 9/11, you have to wonder:  Whatever happened to honoring our
heroes?
Idaho is riding – and in some ways leading – a national wave of  legislation
targeting people who serve the public. Similar bills against  public employees
have been introduced in New Jersey, Ohio, and  Wisconsin, where an estimated
25,000 people surrounded the state Capitol  in Madison to protest today.
Idaho’s latest anti-public employee legislation, now identified as  RS20248,
will be carried by Sen. Shirley McKague (R-Meridian).