[Vision2020] Senate Bill 1110 (Education - Pay for Performance)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Mar 10 05:58:27 PST 2011

Donovan Arnold stated:

"Actually the problem is the spoiled and morally corrupted baby-boomer
generation. That generation is arguably one of the worst generations to
occupy this nation."

Being a member of the baby-boomer generation (and former member of the
SDS, VIVA, etc.) , and having been involved in countless sit-ins, marches,
and protests in Los Angeles during the late 60s, I hardly know where to
start in debating (for lack of a more appropriate term) Mr. Arnold's
shallow (yet ignorant) allegations.

The "children" of the 60s were extremely cause-driven.

There are far too many cultural and social movements, that are VERY strong
today, that were founded by baby-boomers back in the 60s and 70s for me to
identify (and initiate discussion on) any specific topic.

Perhaps Mr. Arnold would care to lead off.

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out."

- Abbie Hoffman